The application of hydrogen energy is not only covering the industrial use but also power plants, environmental technology, aerospace, and many other areas. Liquid hydrogen, especially, is one of the most condensed energy sources, and it is extremely efficient for storage and transport of large amount while enabling long running time for high performance machine and vehicles.
MetaVista, Inc. will introduce a series of new products and technologies utilizing the fusion of cryogenic, liquid hydrogen, and control system software technologies.
Infrastructure for manufacturing, transfer, storage, and recharging stations
Using liquid hydrogen as an energy source and cryogenic technology
Liquid hydrogen, cryogenic technology development / plant design services and consultingView
○ Medium-sized hydrogen liquefaction plant
- Localization of the liquefaction technology for hydrogen as well as other gases such as liquid helium, liquid nitrogen, natural gas, propane, and etc.
- Production capacity of 50 ~ 300L per hour
○ Large scale hydrogen liquefaction plant
- Liquid hydrogen is the ultimate energy source for the Korean future space projects in progress. (Kerogen is the main energy source used in Korea.)
- We have the latest technologies and expertise in production and distribution of the large amount of liquid hydrogen.
- Plan to form 100 billion KRW worth of national projects (consortium between industries, academia, and government)
- Contribution to Korean space program regarding fuel containers and rocket propellant management technologies
○ Automobile manufacturers compete to release hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
○ Stationary recharging stations are expensive (approx. 3 billion KWon)
○ Technical difficulties and challenges exist for compressing hydrogen to 875 atmospheric pressure for charging.
○ 50~100 charges per day is required to be financially beneficial for each recharging station. Compressed hydrogen gas cannot satisfy the volume requirement.
○ Liquid hydrogen stored near atmospheric pressure requires less energy to maintain while holds larger amount of hydrogen compared to the compressed one.
○ Mobile hydrogen recharging stations are relatively inexpensive (approx. 1-2 billion KWon) compared to stationary ones (approx. 2.5~3 billion KWon).
○ Liquid hydrogen changes to the gas as fueled into vehicle’s tank up to 700 atm very rapidly.
○ Very compact in size - can be set up in a trailer
○ Does not require additional compressor or cooling system
○ Key facility for the initial stage of hydrogen recharging station promotion
○ Cryocooler-equipped portable hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, helium liquefier
○ Applicable in basic science research, human body organ and tissue storage, seed long-term storage, sperm bank, bio industry, food processing, firefighter safety equipment, medical emergency equipment, superconductor research, telecommunication equipment, military infrared sensor cooling, cryogenic surgery and etc.
○ Turn Key system makes it easy for general users to operate
○ Currently, there is no company that can design and manufacture cryocooler or low temperature cryogenic equipment in Korea
○ High profit ration products for domestic and export biz: typical MSRP of 100 million ~ 1 billion KWon
○ We have all the core technologies required for liquefaction, storage, transmission, precision flow and storage control techniques.
By applying new materials, innovative design and manufacturing methods, and utilizing the world best applied technology accumulated over the past 20 years in cryogenic engineering field, we will produce the world’s best performance liquid hydrogen drones. It is recognized as one of the most important issues in liquid hydrogen application.
○ More than 5 world patent registration expected
- Combination of special material and new manufacturing methods for ultralight and high strength liquid hydrogen fuel tank
- New manufacturing method of super-insulated liquid hydrogen tank
- Innovative insulation method of liquid hydrogen tank applying latest NASA technology
○ Prototype schematics
|HW + SW
■ Public & private sector projects
○ Attract government and KEPCO fundings
■ Integrated solution consulting in design and construction of hydrogen liquefaction plant, hydrogen filing station and etc.
○ Consulting through system design and HW/SW integrated development
|■ Large scale Government projects Joint efforts with public/private research institutes and universities|
|■ Unique establishment of a joint research institute with NASA will secure unsurpassed global position in related services such as liquefield hydrogen technology advisory and safety inspections. It leads PM orders and technical advisory projects from related organizations.|